Mad Men style files #4 - Trudy Campbell

Before you ask, the answer's 'no'. No, I haven't started sewing my own dress for the Mad Men Dress Challenge, but the plan is to spend today (I'm not at work – whoop!) and tomorrow doing so. Phew, glad that's off my chest! 

Moving onto business now, I'm happy to present to you the delicious stylings of the stunning Trudy Campbell - hands up who agrees that she can do way better than the cringe-worthy Pete? Trudy's one of my absolute favourite Mad Men style icons. So much so that when Julia Bobbin announced her challenge, I was convinced that Trudy would be the character I chose to emulate. Sadly, my pattern stash did not deliver the goods, but maybe it's something to revisit in the future.

Anyway, without further ado let's have a look at my favourite Trudy Campbell outfits – photos courtesy of Tom + Lorenzo.

This beautiful lady sure does know how to rock a shirtdress - she certainly gives queen of the shirtdress, Betty, a run for her money!




She also has great taste in twin-suits. I find the combination of polka dots and a peter pan collar particularly appealing.


I want this headscarf! wish I looked this cool when I was kicking back - my casual look mainly consists of baggy pyjama bottoms (which my boyfriend detests funnily enough)!

Even heavily pregnant, Trudy still looks stylish and cute as a button!

Like with any of the Mad Men ladies, it's her evening looks that really excite me. It just doesn't get better than this, does it?!? 




Wow, isn't she beautiful? The top and last pictures are particularly breathtaking. And if you thought this post was yummy, tune in next week for features on Peggy, Joan and Betty. The big three will round off this style series just nicely methinks!  

Fancy ogling my previous Mad Men style posts? Look no further...


15 comments:

  1. Yep she could do so much better than Pete! And her outfits are wonderful, that second last image - the blue dress - WOW! The neckline shape! What a colour! And the front skirt detailing, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mad Men Style Files is awesome eye candy. I'm enjoying it a lot. Happy sewing today and tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mela! It's great to have all the photos in one place in case I ever fancy sewing my way through all the episodes ;o)

      Delete
  3. I love Trudy too! She looks as pretty as a picture, and do you notice she always wears such amazing earrings too!

    Good luck with your MM dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, her earrings are divine - she's got great taste all around! My MM dress is finally finished, can't wait to share it!!!

      Delete
  4. I'm going crazy, not knowing where to look with all these MM clothes! Trudy is really delicious and thanks for giving her proper due! Notice that she's wearing a Sencha in the photo with the headscarf (I first thought it was a turban, she's wearing it so stylishly)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree, I couldn't miss Trudy out! Yes, it's very similar to a Sencha isn't it!

      Delete
  5. Hey Mary! I'm really enjoying your MadMen style inspiration series. Can you imagine how cool it would be to work as a seamstress/clothing designer for that show? DREAM job!!!
    Anyways, I was looking everywhere on your website for your contact address, and could not find it. I have something I want to discuss with you privately. Would you mind dropping me a line at AllStyleAndAllSubstance@gmail.com ? Thank you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're enjoying it - it's been really fun to do!

      Just emailed you by the way...I'm intrigued ;o)

      Delete
  6. I have to agree with everyone else, the Mad Men style files are such a good idea! I'm a bit gutted that I don't have time at the minute to commit to making my own dress but I know these are going to be my first call for inspiration when I do get round to making one :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw that Rachel. Pop back any time you need inspiration and I'm sure you'll get to make your very own soon!

      Delete
  7. I ADORE Trudy's style, definitely my favourite, closely followed by Betty. I'm not sure I could pick a favourite - love them all. SO excited for the new series!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that headscarf look, so comfortable and so gorgeous! I might have to see if I can recreate that one for my lounge wear needs. Good luck with your dress, can't wait to see what you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete